LEGGETT & PLATT PRODIGY 2.0 ADJUSTABLE BASE
NEW FOR 2016 : The Prodigy Model has been completely redesigned. For years the Prodigy has been considered the Gold Standard of Adjustable Beds so you know Leggett & Platt took this redesign VERY seriously.
Adding to the already outstanding feature set of the previous Prodigy are Pillow Tilt Articulation, Under-Bed Lighting, Capacitive Touchscreen Remote, USB Ports, MicroHook Retention System & Bluetooth Apps for both Apple & Android. The Prodigy retains the features that previously made it a great choice. Back-Lit Wireless Remote, Sleep Timer, Full Body Wave Massage, Gentle Wake Alarm, Snore Feature and of course WallHugger™ Engineering.
Leggett & Platt added all the features their customer surveys said customers wanted. And they give you all this at a very competitive price point.
• WhisperQuiet 700 pound rated DC Lift Motors. The quietest and highest quality lift motors in the industry.
• WallHugger™ Engineering means the entire bed slides rearwards as the head is raised, staying close to the wall or headboard. Without this feature your bedside table wouldn't be useable since it would be behind you when the head section is raised. Most people have items they need on the nightstand. Items like remote controls, reading glasses, books, magazines, medicines or a glass of water.
• Dual Massage Motors, Head and Foot with Wave Action.
• Six total programmable memory positions. Two programmable positions on the remote with four additional available on the Apple or Android App. You can assign a positions for watching TV, reading, zero-gravity, napping...etc...
• Capacitive Touch Backlit Remote with a convenient nightstand holder. Easy to clean smooth touchscreen surface is like using your smartphone screen. Just touch to make a selection. No more buttons!
• Four Port USB Hubs located on each side of the bed. Plug in your smart phone or tablet and charge them while you're using them in the ultimate comfort the Prodigy 2.0 is providing.
• Sleep Timer allows you to fall asleep in an elevated position and have the Prodigy 2.0 ease you into the sleeping position 30 or 60 minutes later. Fall asleep in ANY position and know you'll wake up in a sleeping position.
• Gentle Wake Alarm allows you to have the massage motor on your side of the bed gently wake you without disturbing your partner. This is a great feature for those who need to rise early or maybe take medicine at specific times that isn't convenient to your partner.
• Emergency Power Down Feature allows you to return the Prodigy 2.0 to the fully flat position in the event of a power interruption
The Prodigy 2.0 Bed comes with 6" adjustable legs and 2.5" locking casters that you can "pop" into the bottom of the legs if you choose. These adjustable legs have a total of five height settings. Than with the casters attached you have another five height options. Below are the total heights of the Prodigy Base (where your mattress starts) using the adjustable legs with and without the casters.
Legs Only : 14", 15", 16", 17" and 18"
Legs & Casters : 16.5", 17.5", 18.5" 19.5" 20.5"
This model can be installed inside an existing bed frame or used without a bed frame. You don't need a frame to use this bed since it's legs (not the bed frame) support the weight of the adjustable bed.
If you want to install this inside your existing bed frame, you’ll need to check that all slats, crossmembers, braces, center legs….etc… can be removed to allow this model to sit inside your bed frame.
The necessary inside dimensions for adjustable bases are as follows:
• Twin – 37 ” x 73 ½ ”
• Twin XL – 37 ” x 79 ½ ”
• Full – 52 ½ ” x 73 ½ ”
• Full XL – 52 ½ ” x 79 ½ ”
• Queen – 58 ½ ” x 79 ½ “
• King – 37 ” x 79 ½ ” , two pieces
• California King – 35 ½ “ x 83 ½ ” , two piece
Here are the reasons we ONLY offer Leggett & Platt Adjustable Beds and do so with GREAT confidence!
1. LONG-TERM REPUTATION
Leggett & Platt has been in business for over 130 years. In the early 70's they invented the adjustable bed. That's been over 40 years ago. No other adjustable bed manufacturer has a 10 year track record. AND, a lot of adjustable bed companies that existed 10 years ago are gone today.
2. OUTSTANDING BUILD QUALITY
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Beds are recognized within the bedding industry as the highest quality available. They’ve been sold for decades under the CraftMatic name, as the Sleep Number FlexFit Foundations and they used to be the exclusive supplier to the Tempur-Pedic Stores. CraftMatic and Sleep Number still use them. Tempur-Pedic switched to the Chinese made ErgoMotion bases in 2008 to increase their profit margin.
3. LONG-TERM PARTS AVAILABILITY
We (or our customers) can get replacement parts for a 25 year-old Leggett & Platt bed sent to us overnight. The Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers haven't been making adjustable beds for 10 years and don’t maintain long-term relationships with their parts suppliers. Although the overseas manufactured adjustable beds are fine out-of-the-box and possibly for a couple of years, the problems with replacement parts typically shows up in 3 to 5 years (possibly sooner). The Chinese and Taiwanese companies will switch parts suppliers without notice just to save a few cents. While that’s good for their bottom line, it’s not so good for you when you need a part for your bed in a few years.
That’s when you have to wait weeks or months for a replacement part and after the long wait you might get a part that doesn’t fit or won’t work. Why? Because the vendor who made your motor, remote, switches, sensors….etc…was left swinging in the wind when the factory switched vendors overnight. Also, when the factory switched vendors they modified the design to fit the new parts. That means their current replacement parts often won’t fit your older bed. Then you’re faced with trying to find someone to modify your bed for the new part, or replacing the entire adjustable bed.
4. FINANCIAL STRENGTH THROUGH DIVERSIFICATION
Most of the other adjustable bed manufacturers ONLY manufacture and sell adjustable beds. Leggett & Platt, which pioneered sleep technology when it introduced its bed spring more than 125 years ago, is an S&P 500 diversified manufacturer. Serving a broad suite of customers that comprise a "Who's Who" of U.S. companies, Leggett & Platt conceives, designs, and produces a diverse array of products that can be found in most homes, offices, and vehicles. Founded in 1883, the company is made up of 20 business units, 18,000 employee-partners, and 130 facilities in 17 countries.
5. MADE IN THE US BY AMERICAN WORKERS
Leggett & Platt Adjustable Beds are made in Georgetown KY and Joplin MO.
ErgoMotion beds are made in China. Rize beds are made in Taiwan. Some Reverie dealers attempt to claim their beds are made in the US. They have a plant in New York that manufactures (using Chinese parts) a small percentage of their total output. By far, the greatest percentage of the beds they sell are imported from China.